Licking County Community Health Improvement Committee
Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP)
Improving the Health of our Community...Together!
What we do
Working Together toward a Healthier Licking County
Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP) is a strategic approach to community health improvement. This tool helps communities seek to achieve optimal health by identifying and using their resources wisely, taking into account their unique circumstances and needs, and forming effective partnerships for strategic action. MAPP will lead to the development and implementation of a Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP).
The 10 Essential Public Health Services
1. Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
2. Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
3. Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
4. Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
5. Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
6. Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
7. Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
8. Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce.
9. Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
10. Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
Community Health Improvement Planning Committee
Participants in the planning process include individuals, organizations, and other entities that contribute to the delivery of one or more of the Essential Public Health Services in Licking County.
Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey underway.
Tell us what you think are the important health issues in Licking County.
August 2, 2012 - Licking County Community Health Improvement Committee